Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Only suckers own stocks

So, our economy is in the tanker.   Never before have I been so glad that I don't actually have any investments.  I mean, I would like to buy a house in approximately 10 months and the credit freeze may put a damper on that particular plan...  But I work for the state, my job isn't going anywhere.  And I do love my apartment, so if Jimmy and I have to sit tight, save our money, and keep on renting for a little bit after we're married, so be it. 

Although, I have faith in the credit union.  KY is like, 46th on the list of foreclosures, so we're doing ok.  And because the Commonwealth Credit Union is only in KY, I feel good about it.  No, really.  I'm staying positive. 

Next week I start my four day workweek.  Yay!  I'm going to be off Fridays, which is exciting because it will give me a normal workweek to do some wedding planning up in Cincinnati. We're starting the wedding dress search in a couple weeks.  Sweet. 

Wedding stuff is actually going along smoothly.  We've got a working guest list. I have all the stationary-ness all designed and ready to be printed.  We've put down a deposit on the venue.  I have my officiant (dad) all lined up.  I have a short list of caterers, florists and photographers to interview.  We have a short list of resorts to give to Jimmy's mom so we can get the timeshare stuff squared away.  Umm, what else?  We've decided to hire a jazz trio for the reception, hopefully these guys Jimmy knew from Willis.  Ceremony music is still up in the air, but we have a few different ideas.  The ceremony itself is going to be pulled from the LBW.  Dad, Jimmy and I need to sit down and iron out those details sometime in the next, oh, nine months or so. 

Wedding planning is so easy for us non-perfectionists.  I'm amazing at not sweating the small stuff, to use a pretty trite cliche.  I'm sure dealing with vendors wont be the most fun thing in the world, but I'm actually a little excited to use the extensive negotiation training that I've been put through for work.  Seriously.  I've gotten really good at getting people to do what I want.  Thanks, DENF!

Anyway.  The daily show is almost on and I hope to see McCain's speech from Capital.  Did you see that?  I got to see McCain look stupid from my little alma mater over and over again all day.  It was good.

Later Days,
Laura

No comments: